I really enjoy helping my clients experiencing fulfilling and rewarding lives and relationships. I have found that many of my clients have come to see me for individual counseling due to feelings of anxiety, depression, or feeling stuck in life, though through our work together, we discover often there is a relational context that is contributing to that, including unresolved childhood wounds or attachment that developed from a prior relationship, perhaps with a parent, with childhood peers, or in another relational context. Once this connection is made, I have seen so much relief in my clients as they work towards healing these wounds and making changes in their lives that help them to feel happier, less anxious, less depressed, and more in control of how they are feeling.
As a Marriage and Family Therapist, I believe many problems have a relational context. Sometimes, interacting with a parent, spouse, roommate, or coworker, for example, may trigger something in you. Whether it’s annoyance, frustration, stress, avoidance, anxiety, or maybe the interactions even cause you to have nightmares. I can help you figure out what is being triggered, why you are being triggered (as this is usually a core issue from your past), and help you heal and dissolve the trigger to then make more space for happiness in your life!
Below is an overview of the types of concerns I can help with in both individual and relationship counseling:
- Individual Counseling
- Healing from a break-up
- Wanting to make amends with an ex-partner
- Trying to make sense out of relationship patterns you’ve noticed in yourself
- Difficulty maintaining relationships you are satisfied with (romantic, social, family, etc)
- Strugging with maintaining healthy relationships due to Borderline Personality Disorder
- Feeling stuck and wanting change in your life
- Finding and living your life purpose
- Creating happiness within yourself rather than searching for it outside of yourself
- Sadness or depression
- Worry or anxiety
- Relationship Counseling
- Pre-marital counseling
- Counseling for couples who are engaged, married, or dating. This includes working on specific problems, getting a “relationship tune-up”, or preparing for a life event such as getting married or having a baby.
- Relationship counseling for one: Are you looking for help with your relationship but your partner won’t or isn’t able to come in for counseling? I can still teach you skills to apply in your relationship.
- I am Level 2 trained in Gottman Method Therapy for Couples Counseling. This method is evidence and research based on over 40 years of research of what makes relationships work. The skills I teach my couples have proven effectiveness.
- I use assessments and materials from Gottman Method Therapy, including Gottman’s Relationship Check-up. I’m also certified in Prepare Enrich for those seeking pre-marital counseling and am able to work with couples from a standard approach, a biblical approach, or a catholic approach.
I also really enjoy providing therapy to other therapists.
I am happy to integrate spirituality or faith based discussion during our sessions if that is something you are seeking.
Don’t hesitate to take the steps for the relationship and life that you want! We can also schedule a 15 minute phone consultation to make sure I am the right fit for your therapy needs. Schedule an appointment with me today!